Are dentist visits for Loudoun county dental clinic too expensive for you?
Turns out, you’re not alone. Compared to about 28 million Americans who don’t have health insurance, an estimated 114 million—almost three times more—Americans can’t afford dental insurance!
For this reason, many Americans just choose to skip their regular dental checkups for fear of the resultant bill. And it’s no wonder they do so, because the cost of dental care has steadily been rising by the year, and many dental insurances cover little more than routine checkups and cleanings.
Why is Dentistry so Expensive?
What a lot of patients fail to consider is how much dentistry costs even to the person providing the service! Almost 60 to 80% of what you pay your dentist goes into the upkeep of the equipment, in paying employee, tax deductions, office space rent and utility bills.
In addition to this, dentists are highly trained professionals who have spent years of their life getting a professional degree at a dental school after getting a college degree, and many are likely to be still paying off their student loans.
Dental equipment can also cost tens of thousands of dollars, an expense the dentist has to pay himself. Additionally, the upkeep of this equipment also does not come cheap.
Lastly, while all states in the U.S. have a different amount of malpractice insurance dentists need to pay, carrying a substantial amount of malpractice insurance is mandatory to be allowed to operate.
Affordable Dental Care
But is there a way to get dental care for less? Regardless of financial status, a cavity could occur at any time, and what is one to do in that case? It’s not always possible for everyone to fork out over $500 for the root canal treatment of a single tooth.
Contrary to popular belief, and even after considering all the above factors, Loudoun county dental clinic doesn’t always have to cost you an arm and a leg. Here are some affordable options to help you get the care you need without breaking the bank:
- Medical Studies: volunteering to become a subject for a medical study could give you free dental care. You may also be paid for it in some cases.
- Dental Students: students from dental schools need experience before they get licensed, and often offer low cost services conducted under the supervision of a trained professional.
- Non-profit organizations: many non-profit organizations may offer free or low-cost dental care to individuals with very low income.
- Government organizations: some government organizations are set up to provide healthcare to low-income people. Many also offer dental healthcare, especially to the underprivileged, or to children.
- Discounts: Many dental clinics offer special discounts to those without dental insurance, or may offer discounts at various times of the year or on slow days.
- Affordable dental clinics: Not all dental practices quote exorbitant prices. Many offer free or low-cost dental care to special individuals. Find out more at your local United Way branch.
Stone Springs Dentistry; Affordable Loudoun County Dental Clinic
Stone Springs Dentistry offers affordable dental care Loudoun County for residents of Aldie, South Riding and other areas within Loudoun County, VA. We accept a number of insurances, and offer flexible payment options to cover all kinds of dental services, ranging from pediatric dentistry to cosmetic dentistry.